Directory of Useful Organisations

Residency Helpline ( UKNSF / Babelia )

The British government has announced funding for organisations to provide practical support to UK nationals who may have difficulty completing their residency application or registration.

This support is available only to those who need additional help. This may include pensioners, disabled people, people living in remote areas or who have mobility difficulties.

If you or someone you know may have difficulty completing the paperwork, you can contact them using the details below to discuss how they may be able to help you.

The services available for people who need this additional support include:

Answering questions about residency applications, such as the documents required and application procedure
Guiding individuals through the process, if necessary
Supporting people facing language barriers or difficulty accessing technology

Babelia will cover Alicante and the rest of the Valencian region.

Important note: Residency refers to the requirement to register with the Spanish government as a resident British citizen (and all the associated paperwork, currently the small green card or A4 piece of paper or the TIE residency card). This is not the same as applying for a NIE number as a non-resident or signing on to the town hall’s ‘padrón’ (municipal census). These are different processes and it may help you to see this explanation first, on this link, if you have not already done so.

Contact information
Phone (0034) 865820229
Email [email protected]
Languages English spoken, Spanish spoken
Timetable Staffed between 9:00am - 2pm Monday-Friday but you can leave a voicemail at any other time and will be called back. Or fill in the form on the website.
Type of organisation Charity / Support Group
Coverage area and additional information

    Help our web team spot any link not working on this page or any changes needed: