I need some help contacting Spanish statutory social services

I need some help contacting Spanish statutory social services

The most important centre for dealing with Spanish statutory social services in your area will be your local town hall or council.

Although some benefits and services are paid for or run by regional or national government, generally the local town hall is the main point of contact to access these services.

For where to find your local town hall council, please click here. (Add in your local town to filter for your area when you see the results).

Many councils have a foreign residents’ department or representative who can explain in English how to access council services.

If they do not have this department, most other councils have someone available to help translation or explain processes in English, although you may need to ask for an appointment to access this service.

Typically, if you need help, you will need to see a social worker (‘trabajador social’) based at your local council who will assess your needs.

Please note that most services may only be available if you are registered on the local ‘padrón’ (local census of residents).

If you are not registered on the padrón, click here for more information.

Please click here for an introduction to what Spanish statutory benefits you might be entitled to as a British national living in Spain.




Last Update: 08/01/2023
1767Benefits & Personal Finance, Understanding The System
Total 1 Votes:

Tell us how can we improve this post?

+ = Verify Human or Spambot ?