Directory of Useful Organisations

Almería Council / Ayuntamiento

There is no department dedicated to foreign residents’ affairs. Members of the public should approach the correct department in Spanish. The tourist office can also help in English.

Coverage area and additional information

The local town hall / council office is the normal gateway to Spanish statutory social care. To apply for statutory social care a UK national must normally have been resident in Spain for 5 years in total and continuously for the last two years. This is why it is important that residents, and their families, think ahead and register residency (see link). (If a UK national resident is not registered on the “padrón” in extreme cases some short-term emergency help may be available, but is ad hoc, cannot be predicted and varies by municipality).

Contact information
Phone (0034) 950210000 Turismo / Tourist Office (0034) 950210538 / (0034) 950280748
Email [email protected]
Full address AYUNTAMIENTO Plaza de la Constitución, s/n, 04003, Almería
Languages Spanish spoken
Timetable 09:00 -14:00 (Monday-Friday)
Type of organisation Public