Directory of Useful Organisations

Coverage area and additional information

The local town hall / council office is the normal gateway to Spanish statutory social care. To apply for statutory social care a UK national must normally have been resident in Spain for 5 years in total and continuously for the last two years. It is important that residents, and their families, think ahead and sign up on the town hall census (padrón) and check regularly their entry on the padrón is up to date. (If a UK national resident is not recorded locally on the ‘padrón’ in extreme cases some short-term emergency help may be available, but is ad hoc, cannot be predicted and varies by municipality).

The Valencian Region (Provinces of Alicante, Valencia and Castellón) has a programme to help councils to integrate migrants into their local areas. The programme is called Pangea and most local town halls in the region offer it to the public or can access it. Among its several services is help with a disputed Spanish residency issue for a foreign national who already lives in Spain or with paperwork in trying to apply for Spanish residency if people do not have the correct qualifying documentation.

Contact information
Phone (0034) 965841300
Email [email protected]
Full address Ayuntamiento, Plaça José María Planelles 1, 03590, Altea, Alicante
Languages English spoken, Spanish & Valencian spoken
Timetable 08:30 to 14 (Mon-Fri)
Type of organisation Public

    Help our web team spot any link not working on this page or any changes needed: