Directory of Useful Organisations

Coín Council / Ayuntamiento

There is no dedicated foreign residents’ department. The tourist office in a different building nearby can help in English. The public should consult reception for the department they require.

Coverage area and additional information

The local town hall / council office is the normal gateway to Spanish statutory social care. To apply for statutory social care a UK national must normally have been resident in Spain for 5 years in total and continuously for the last two years. This is why it is important that residents, and their families, think ahead and register residency (see link). (If a UK national resident is not registered on the “padrón” in extreme cases some short-term emergency help may be available, but is ad hoc, cannot be predicted and varies by municipality).

Contact information
Phone (0034) 952451850
Full address AYUNTAMIENTO, PLAZA ALAMEDA, 28, 29100 / OFICINA TURISMO, Plaza Alameda, 3, 29100, Coín, Málaga
Languages Spanish spoken
Timetable 09:30 -14:00 (Monday-Friday)
Type of organisation Public

    Help Support in Spain spot anything not working on this page or any changes needed: