Directory of Useful Organisations

Coverage area and additional information

The local town hall / council office is the normal gateway to Spanish statutory social care. To apply for statutory social care a UK national must normally have been resident in Spain for 5 years in total and continuously for the last two years. This is why it is important that residents, and their families, think ahead and register residency (see link). (If a UK national resident is not registered on the “padrón” in extreme cases some short-term emergency help may be available, but is ad hoc, cannot be predicted and varies by municipality).

Contact information
Phone Ayuntamiento (0034) 950541000 Departamento de Turismo (0034) 950541007
Email [email protected]
Full address AYUNTAMIENTO Calle Cervantes, 132, 04700, El Ejido, Almería. Tourism: Calle Arquitecto Julián Laguna, 65, 04711
Languages English spoken, Spanish spoken
Timetable Tourist Office, Almerimar (Tues-Fri) 09:30 - 16:00 Saturday Sunday (10:00 - 13:30)
Type of organisation Public

    Help Support in Spain spot anything not working on this page or any changes needed: