Directory of Useful Organisations

Coverage area and additional information

The local town hall / council office is the normal gateway to Spanish statutory social care. To apply for statutory social care a UK national must normally have been resident in Spain for 5 years in total and continuously for the last two years. This is why it is important that residents, and their families, think ahead and register residency (see link). (If a UK national resident is not registered on the “padrón” in extreme cases some short-term emergency help may be available, but is ad hoc, cannot be predicted and varies by municipality).

Contact information
Phone Ayuntamiento/Town Hall (0034) 951575995 Tourism/Tourism (0034) 951575994
Email [email protected]
Full address Ayuntamiento Calle Real,80, 29788, Frigiliana, Málaga
Languages English spoken, Spanish spoken
Timetable 09:00 -14:00 (Tuesday-Friday). Wednesday from 15:00 to 19:30 at the local health centre (ambulatorio)
Type of organisation Public