Directory of Useful Organisations

Palma City Council / Ajuntament

The Town Hall for central services does not normally attend in English, however if somebody is available they will help. The Tourist Office can provide general introductory information for residents on council services in English. Both the main Town Hall and Tourist Office can offer names of local translators, who may charge.

Coverage area and additional information

The local town hall / council office is the normal gateway to Spanish statutory social care. To apply for statutory social care a UK national must normally have been resident in Spain for 5 years in total and continuously for the last two years. This is why it is important that residents, and their families, think ahead and register residency (see Helpful Topics section of this web for this process). (If a UK national resident is not registered on the ‘padrón’ in extreme cases some short-term emergency help may be available, but is ad hoc, cannot be predicted and varies by municipality).

Contact information
Phone (0034) 971225900 (Tourism, 971225986)
Email [email protected]
Full address TOWN HALL Plaça de Cort, 1, 07001 - TOURISM Carrer Socors, 4
Languages Some English spoken (on request), Spanish & Catalan spoken
Timetable 08:00 - 14:00 (Mon-Fri)
Type of organisation Public