Directory of Useful Organisations

Pollença Council / Ajuntament

The tourist offices in the inland village or the coastal Port de Pollença (otherwise known as Puerto Pollensa) are very helpful in directing people to the right council department in English and explaining basic processes. For detailed enquiries at another department it is recommended to take somebody who speaks Spanish or the Tourist office can recommended names of private translators.

Coverage area and additional information

The local town hall / council office is the normal gateway to Spanish statutory social care. To apply for statutory social care a UK national must normally have been resident in Spain for 5 years in total and continuously for the last two years. This is why it is important that residents, and their families, think ahead and register residency (see Helpful Topics section of this web for this process). (If a UK national resident is not registered on the ‘padrón’ in extreme cases some short-term emergency help may be available, but is ad hoc, cannot be predicted and varies by municipality).

Contact information
Phone (0034) 971530108 (Tourism in the Port (0034 971865467))
Email [email protected]
Full address TOWN HALL Carrer del Calvari,2, 07460, (971.530.108); TOURIST OFFICE IN PORT DE POLLENÇA Carrer de Joan XXIII, TURISMO PUEBLO POLLENSA Carrer Pere J. Canaves Salas, s/n, 07460
Languages Some English spoken (on request), Spanish & Catalan spoken
Timetable TOURISM in POLLENSA village from 9:00 - 16:00 (M to F). Saturdays closed and Sundays from 10:00 - 13:00 (in tourist season). In the PORT (WINTER) from 8:00 - 15:00 (M to F) and (SUMMER) from 9:00 - 16:00 (Mon to Sat) and Sundays closed.
Type of organisation Public