Directory of Useful Organisations

Coverage area and additional information

The local town hall / council office is the normal gateway to Spanish statutory social care. To apply for statutory social care a UK national must normally have been resident in Spain for 5 years in total and continuously for the last two years. This is why it is important that residents, and their families, think ahead and register residency (see link). (If a UK national resident is not registered on the “padrón” in extreme cases some short-term emergency help may be available, but is ad hoc, cannot be predicted and varies by municipality).

Contact information
Phone Ayuntamiento (0034) 950614015 Turismo (0034) 950412560
Web /
Email [email protected]
Full address AYUNTAMIENTO Plaza de la Encarnación, 1, 04820, Vélez-Rubio, Almería / TOURISM Carrera del Carmen, 29, 04820
Languages English spoken, Spanish spoken
Timetable 08:00 - 15:00 (Mon-Fri)
Type of organisation Public

    Help Support in Spain spot anything not working on this page or any changes needed: